Monday, February 11, 2008

An Army Travels On It's Stomach...Napoleon Bonaparte

The catchy title above may lead one to believe I am going to refer to Weight Watchers and/or my diet mantra "eat less; move more"; and how I think this is a prescription for solving problems we have with our government services as well (www.sonic.net/tlynch/salary.htm). Nice how I fit that all into one sentence as I get ready to "put the bite on ya". I am setting you up for a plea for funds so be careful!!

The second-half (July 1st to December 31st) donations for the 5th District Supervisor race have been filed at the Sonoma County Registrar of voters. My fellow candidates have all met the filing deadline (Jan,31) and I have reviewed their list of contributors. Of course most of the money raised is from outside of the district or from wealthy candidates large loans to their own campaigns. If one were to count only money raised in the 5th district I think we would come in as the #2 recipient of campaign contributions.

Alas we are #3 out of 7 in contributions; but the bottom line is we are #4 with money in the bank. Unfortunately money is the mothers milk of politics and we need funds from our fairy godmothers out there to get the message out. I encourage you to donate through our website under the donate button with paypal or send checks made out to "Friends of Tom Lynch" , 601 Johnson Street, Sebastopol, Ca. 95472.

To our advantage I am perhaps a little better known than most of the candidates through my 28 years involvement in West County activism, theatre and politics (http://www.tomlynch4supervisor.com-a.googlepages.com/pastisprologue). We also have a strong message calling for a freeze on Sonoma County salaries, benefits and non-essential hires with money saved being reallocated to our struggling non-profits, volunteer and faith based groups, and outsourcing to private business where competitive. But we need to get out our message...

There is a Chinese proverb,"...a closed book is nothing more than a block of paper." If you look at the front page of our website there is a Google video of my final comments at the recent Sebastopol debate in which I said to a wonderful audience of 200, "...one supervisor is not going to solve our problems...we need to ALL work together to do this or we're in a lot of trouble." If YOU support reforms and reallocations toward a progressive agenda for change; we need YOU to join us with your time, talent and treasure. Thank you for your support.

peace and love,

Tom Lynch

http://www.tomlynch4supervisor.com/

No comments: